• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



a dentist pulled the wrong tooth here in kentucky what can i do


Hello jllynch

If the tooth pulled caused cosmetic damage, you may have a good legal case. Cosmetic meaning a tooth that is visable when smiling.

I am almost sure that you could then convince a court to decide in your favor. Finding an attorney to pursue the legal issue would then not be a problem.

The restitution you would be intitled to should be discussed with legal counsel. It may then be worth your time to inquire about.

If the tooth in question is not a visable one and will not cause cosmetic difficulties, restitution may be resolved without an attorneys help by discussing the situation with the dentist.

If the dentist disagrees or is unwilling to offer a satisfactory resolution to the incident, often times, without court actions, a dentist will provide restitution upon the receipt of a letter with intent to sue from an attorney.


Dear Toothless:

Contact the Kentucky State Board of Dentistry and file a complaint against the dentist. He may have a history of such "mistakes" and the board will investigate your complaint and possibly sanction his license.

If you decide to pursue a legal claim against him/her, a copy of your complaint and the dental boards response, i.e., investigation and disciplinary action, will only help your case.

Best of luck to you!


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential