• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denying Short Term disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This question is for the OP and should settle it once and for all.

OP, what is the exact date on which your daughter was originally hired? What is the exact date that she was considered eligible to be enrolled in the STD plan? What is the exact date on which she visited the emergency room? What is the exact date on which she attempted to file her disability claim? And what is her due date?

I have over 40 years of experience in administering employer-sponsored benefits; if I have the dates I can give you an extremely informed opinion as to whether the employer is right or wrong. If I can't PayrollDude, who has almost as much experience as I do, no doubt can. Two very important things to remember - (1) STD benefits are NOT exclusively for pregnancy - pregnancy is only one of hundreds of possible situations where STD benefits would be available and (2) it is possible to be eligible for the program and still be ineligible for a specific condition to be covered.

Bali Hai Again

This question is for the OP and should settle it once and for all.

OP, what is the exact date on which your daughter was originally hired? What is the exact date that she was considered eligible to be enrolled in the STD plan? What is the exact date on which she visited the emergency room? What is the exact date on which she attempted to file her disability claim? And what is her due date?

I have over 40 years of experience in administering employer-sponsored benefits; if I have the dates I can give you an extremely informed opinion as to whether the employer is right or wrong. If I can't PayrollDude, who has almost as much experience as I do, no doubt can. Two very important things to remember - (1) STD benefits are NOT exclusively for pregnancy - pregnancy is only one of hundreds of possible situations where STD benefits would be available and (2) it is possible to be eligible for the program and still be ineligible for a specific condition to be covered.
Congratulations cbg. :) I'm in the over 40 year category too in another field. It's very hard to explain complicated issues to people who don't understand (and sometimes don't want to understand) the intricate details and then on top of that be accused of giving them the run-around.

Reactions: cbg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">