• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denying Visitation Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Missouri
My boyfriend's ex wife has been denying weekend visitation rights from him for almost 2 months now. He is supposed to get his daughter every other weekend. She says it's because his daughter doesn't have her own room. We are currently looking for a bigger place, but these things take time. We have a pull out sofa that she sleeps on when she is here, and he sleeps on the other couch in the living room while she's here. We always make sure she is comfortable and she understands we are gonna move soon. She has a dresser to keep her belongings in also. The ex wife keeps telling him its agianst the law for her not to have her own room. He has tried telling her he's looking for a bigger place and she will soon have her own room, but seeing as he only has her 4 nights out if the month, it's fine for the time being. She still keeps his daughter from him. He has recently filed a motion for family access and goes to court next week.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good - it sounds like he is doing what he needs to. I'm not sure that he would want you sharing his business on the internet...

Good - it sounds like he is doing what he needs to. I'm not sure that he would want you sharing his business on the internet...
Thank you. He is aware I'm doing my best to help him in any way I can. He has read the post and fully supports it.

LdiJ

Missouri
My boyfriend's ex wife has been denying weekend visitation rights from him for almost 2 months now. He is supposed to get his daughter every other weekend. She says it's because his daughter doesn't have her own room. We are currently looking for a bigger place, but these things take time. We have a pull out sofa that she sleeps on when she is here, and he sleeps on the other couch in the living room while she's here. We always make sure she is comfortable and she understands we are gonna move soon. She has a dresser to keep her belongings in also. The ex wife keeps telling him its agianst the law for her not to have her own room. He has tried telling her he's looking for a bigger place and she will soon have her own room, but seeing as he only has her 4 nights out if the month, it's fine for the time being. She still keeps his daughter from him. He has recently filed a motion for family access and goes to court next week.
Mom should get seriously scolded by the judge for her behavior. The child absolutely does NOT have to have her own bedroom when its just 4 nights a month.

HRZ

Personally I think Mom is way out of line...lots of people worldwide live in crowded conditions ...and absent some public housing issues, there is no requirement that kids have own bedroom..especially for occassional use . Personally I would be seeking make up time and all my costs as well.

Your role is best to stay out of it . And I suggest not even being in court ..youn presence will not help his points.

Personally I think Mom is way out of line...lots of people worldwide live in crowded conditions ...and absent some public housing issues, there is no requirement that kids have own bedroom..especially for occassional use . Personally I would be seeking make up time and all my costs as well.

Your role is best to stay out of it . And I suggest not even being in court ..youn presence will not help his points.
Thank you. That's another thing he was wondering. He wants me to go with him but not sure if it's a good idea. He has done everything by the divorce papers and parenting plan and we don't wanna jeopardize anything by doing something that wouldn't look good.

LdiJ

Thank you. That's another thing he was wondering. He wants me to go with him but not sure if it's a good idea. He has done everything by the divorce papers and parenting plan and we don't wanna jeopardize anything by doing something that wouldn't look good.
Then stay home. Or at least stay out in the hall instead of in the courtroom.

Just Blue

Sigh...The ^ post says so a lot about the BF.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">