• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit not returned.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frouge

I left an apartment that I had leased from a private individaul (owner) for a year and a half in Thornton CO. When I left, my rooomate was allowed to rent the apartment afterwards under a new lease as mine had expired in July '00. My Landlady has not returned my deposit of $600.00. Currently I am in a new stated and my job has me moving all over from month to month. Evidently I have to go back to CO to sue her. If she had a new tenant (my ex roomie) staying there w/ her approval, can she keep my deposit? Additionally is there a way to handle small claims courts w/o actually going to the state other than for the actual court date?

[Edited by Frouge on 12-14-2000 at 08:05 PM]

HomeGuru

If you and roommate signed the lease, then the lease is not over and L is not required to return your deposit until roommate moves out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">