• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nez

I am in chicago, ill.

In 2006 I entered into contract to buy a preconstruction condo and paid 10% of the puchase price.Plus i added some minor improvements. all together it is 50K.
Delivery is january 2009.

now i am not able to obtain a loan. I have a bank which promised me to give a mortgage... most likely it will fall through. Because I am seaching "no doc" loan... I have excellent credit 800+ but loans like this do not exist.

In my contract there is a provision that "seller shall retain the earnest money,(together with improvements).... as liquidated damages." Not so smart from my side.... I know.

I entered into contract in june of 2006. Now is the end of 2008. The mortgage industry changed drastically, real estate prices too. I do not want this condo anymore.

My question: Is is possible for me to recover my deposit ( or at least part of it)?

Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:

justalayman

My question: Is is possible for me to recover my deposit ( or at least part of it)?
Did you miss this part of your post?

In my contract there is a provision that "seller shall retain the earnest money,(together with improvements).... as liquidated damages." Not so smart from my side.... I know.

I presume that clause was written concerning the failure of the buyer to complete the transaction. If so, it appears you have provided your own answer.

HomeGuru

I am in chicago, ill.

In 2006 I entered into contract to buy a preconstruction condo and paid 10% of the puchase price.Plus i added some minor improvements. all together it is 50K.
Delivery is january 2009.

now i am not able to obtain a loan. I have a bank which promised me to give a mortgage... most likely it will fall through. Because I am seaching "no doc" loan... I have excellent credit 800+ but loans like this do not exist.

**A: A no doc loan is a a dinosaur loan.

########

I entered into contract in june of 2006. Now is the end of 2008. The mortgage industry changed drastically, real estate prices too. I do not want this condo anymore.

**A: yes, with an excellent attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">