• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposition Transcription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vfoh

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am reviewing my deposition and discovered that there are many transcription errors. I know what I'm reading is not correct but in some instances I can't be 100% sure of the exact words.

How will it accurately reflect my testimony if I can't remember the exact words? Is there any recourse?

stephenk

give some examples of the errors you are finding.

if they are just spelling mistakes, that is not an issue.

V

vfoh

Some examples are:

I said approving: transcribed (proposing)

I said rift : transcribed (some tension)

I said Samantha : (transcribed a man)

It appears that she didn't hear my actual words, but she didn't mention anything about audibility.

stephenk

make the corrections as needed. if the matter goes to trial you will have an opportunity to explain why the changes were made.

you should first discuss with your attorney the changes you wish to make.

HomeGuru

Writer, the changes as approved by your attorney needs to be given to the court reporter and made a part of the official transcript filed with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">