• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wacawaca

Upstate NY

My boss lied during EEOC deposition (fed), what next? What if anything will happen to him/her if I have evidence to prove otherwise? Lies are not minor either.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The primary purpose of the EEOC investigation is to determine whether the EEOC will sue the employer on your behalf. The EEOC only takes a very small number of the cases it reviews to court. In the vast majority of cases at the end of the investigation it will issue to the employee a right to sue letter. That allows you to get a lawyer and sue the employer yourself for the alleged discrimination.

Has the EEOC filed suit on your behalf in this case? That would be unusual and would point to a strong case for you. Depositions are only possible after a lawsuit is filed. If no lawsuit has been filed then this was not a deposition. If no lawsuit has been filed yet, then the case is still in the investigation stage. The EEOC may ask the parties to participate in mediation. It will matter whether the statements made by the employer were in a deposition or in a mediation.

wacawaca

Upstate NY

My boss lied during EEOC deposition (fed), what next? What if anything will happen to him/her if I have evidence to prove otherwise? Lies are not minor either.
The lies in question are related accepted EEOC complaints submitted. All investigations have been conducted. The main subject during a true deposition has been caught in many lies thus far along with many convenient “I don’t recalls”. Their “lack of recollection” won’t effect my case at all because my case is strong anyhow.

My question is what are the repercussions to him/her if they work in a trusted position where their work responsibility is to uphold federal law.

Having a high level clearance should be effected correct? I have no sympathy for them. They did horrific things but am wondering out of curiosity. If I have to undergo nother inquiry I will do it because my recollection will never ever change unlike theirs.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
My question is what are the repercussions to him/her if they work in a trusted position where their work responsibility is to uphold federal law.

Having a high level clearance should be effected correct?
Not necessarily. If the person lied under oath and was convicted of perjury that would certainly impact some security clearances. Perjury is not a very commonly prosecuted crime. Short of that, it would depend on the details. The most significant impact is likely to be that if you prove he lied then the jury won't give any credence to his testimony, helping your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">