• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deprived Education by Parent as a Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?

California 1974 in my sophomore year, I was a full time student enrolled in a Work Experience Class after school hours, which was for my Step-Father's Dairy. My grades were bad, so, my Step-Father and the dean of the High School decided that I should not attend school, yet work full time on the Dairy. At 17 years old I disapproved, yet, I was not given a choice, in the matter. Bringing this to his attention, I was informed by my Step-Father and his good old High School friend (the dean), I could not go back to school because my records were 'lost'.
Is there anything I can do about this? I would like to sue him if possible.

Thank You
Albert W.


Senior Member
What brings this up some 31 years later? Were you in special education by any chance, if so your records would have been destroyed by statute after you attained a certain age. Have you persued, CSHPE, GED or college degree?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential