• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deprived of alibi?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was arrested and charged with committing a crime that allegedly occurred on July 3, 1999. The victim stated at the prelim that she is certain that is when it occurred. I was out of town from July 1 through July 5. My public defender said that I can file an alibi notice, but that the DA can amend the charges to include a several month long period, thus taking away any opportunity to provide an alibi. Is this so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential