• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Designated Addult Proceedings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WizurDavoz

Michigan - I was tried as an adult for a high-court misdemeanor (Resisting/Obstructing a Peace Officer - Attempted) at the age of 14. I served my sentence in general population at the county jail. Was this legal?

justalayman

Once you were waived into adult courts you could be treated as an adult. That means you go to jail or even prison with adults and mingle with them.

quincy

Michigan - I was tried as an adult for a high-court misdemeanor (Resisting/Obstructing a Peace Officer - Attempted) at the age of 14. I served my sentence in general population at the county jail. Was this legal?
The sentence would be unusual for a misdemeanor committed by a 14 year old but not for an offense that, if charged against an adult, would be a felony.

The law: https://www.legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-81d

What does your criminal record look like (e.g., how many other offenses)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">