• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Designation of Joint Accounts assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

My philosophy is a little different in that I don't believe in leaving an inheritance to relatives (or anyone) that I have not seen, spoken to or have not been in contact with "for years" but I absolutely have no problem leaving an inheritance to someone that I am/have "heard from" every now and then. So I feel that the way to go is to leave most of my inheritance to charities thus I would leave this world with more than I took from it.

That is a wonderful attitude and I applaud it. However, when you are talking about joint assets, you cannot force that attitude on your spouse. That is simply reality.

boblink1

I'm not doing / trying to do that with joint assets, I am only talking about my Schwab Living Trust accounts

boblink1

Hello, I'm back with another question about a Support Trust.
I would like to know the best way to handle a support trust for one of my beneficiary's who is also a Successor Trustee of my Living Trust?
They are second in line to be the Trustee of my Living Trust so they will have (sole) responsibility for the distribution of assets that are in their Support Trust.
I trust them but I don't know what will happen in the future and am concerned that no one will be there for "checks and balances" of withdrawals from the Support Trust?
Thank you
Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">