• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gokunbjess

What is the name of your state? PA
Here is the issue, I hope somebody can help, my fiancee and I put a home on my mother's property, and we borrowed 3000 from her to buy the home. We agreed to pay $100 every month on the first now she wants the money on the third friday of every month. I told her I am not paying it then I am paying it on the first since that was the agreement and I have my money budgeted just so. Now she is threatening us that if we don't pay on the 3rd friday of every month she is going to serve us with an eviction. The house is solely in our name but the property is hers, she had told us in a few years she would give it to us that we would just have to pay for the subdivision. Sadly I have nothing in writing but neither does she, as for the loan she took out a cash advance for it from her credit card and she is charging us more than the payment required on her statement but she has no proof that she gave us the money. I don't know what to do, its not like I am made of money and can just up and move and move everything that we paid to have put on this property i.e. a deck, a cement patio, landscaping etc. Please help Me !

Last edited:

gokunbjess

can somebody please help me, i really don't know where to go and can't afford an attorney right now, unless i would really need one. i just want to know do i have anything to really worry , like can she evict me off the property or not and what will happen to my house that she has nothing to do with , no liens no cosigner no nothing. :confused:

This is just my opinion...........NOT legal advice.

What is really the problem here? Why does she need the money sooner? I mean, $100 a month a week or two apart doesn't seem like it should cause a huge uproar. Can the two of you not sit down and work out terms that will fix this.........AND get it in writing when you do so?

Best of luck,
Karla in Amarillo

gokunbjess

Oh Karla, I really wish with my mother it was that easy, I am glad to see though that somebody has the same opinion I do. I really don't know what is the problem with her though sadly, but I have my bills budgeted just so that I take 25 out of each pay to give her the $ on the 1st. Why she needs it sooner is beyond me, unless it is the money she uses to fund her drinking, you see in the past four years she has become very heavy on the sauce and it is creating a lot of problems, I thought by moving close to her I could help her , she wanted help, now I don't know what she wants. It is very difficult now because of being here and her drinking. All I can ask is for prayers for her to get better. Thank you for the reply.

south

Ok so you have no proof you are buying the home and you have nothing in writing but you are paying only $100 a month.

She does have proof of the money she lent you because she can show she drew the money by cash advance of her credit card which carries a higher interest rate.

You say she needs the money for her sauce/drinking, this has nothing to do with you if she wants to spend her $100 each month on booze peanuts and male strippers that is up to her and has no relevance on the situation.

At this point you guys look like you are living on her property in what sounds like a mobile home which is in your name for $100 a month and do not appear to have a leg to stand on in fact if you get behind on your payments she could probably claim the home.

It also sounds like she has changed the paying date to avoid paying her credit card late each month.

You cannot force her to give you the land that is underneath, I suggest you either pay her off in full for the money you borrowed and hopefuly she will let you stay without charging you rent for the spot or hook up the caravan and move on out.

Just as a reminder her land and her money is what she has achieved in life and is hers to do with as she pleases.

gokunbjess said:
What is the name of your state? PA
Here is the issue, I hope somebody can help, my fiancee and I put a home on my mother's property, and we borrowed 3000 from her to buy the home. We agreed to pay $100 every month on the first now she wants the money on the third friday of every month. I told her I am not paying it then I am paying it on the first since that was the agreement and I have my money budgeted just so. Now she is threatening us that if we don't pay on the 3rd friday of every month she is going to serve us with an eviction. The house is solely in our name but the property is hers, she had told us in a few years she would give it to us that we would just have to pay for the subdivision. Sadly I have nothing in writing but neither does she, as for the loan she took out a cash advance for it from her credit card and she is charging us more than the payment required on her statement but she has no proof that she gave us the money. I don't know what to do, its not like I am made of money and can just up and move and move everything that we paid to have put on this property i.e. a deck, a cement patio, landscaping etc. Please help Me !

gokunbjess

the interest rate of her charge card has only a 2.99% interest rate and as for the home she has no binds to it at all, and she signed a letter to my bank that the home is on her lot with no monetary lot lease. I have no problem paying her the money but she agreed to a due date of the first of every month . I am sorry to have posted anything on here it seems like a lot of the members are ignorant , as for just hooking it up to a caravan its not that simple, it is a triple wide home , very beautiful I might add, and values at $95000 . I don't care what she does with her money like you seem to think I care about the fact that my mother has become an alcoholic, and my reply was to another member who happens to see that there should not be an issue of 1 week now on my mothers part, but obviously you don't see it you just think somebody should up and move, I have my 6 year old son to think of and am not about to just up and move his home. Maybe you should read everything a little bit more carefully ! Oh and as for her owning the home , she has nothing on this home, my mortgage company owns the home, the money borrowed for for the down payment I needed 12000 and only had 9000, so that is why I borrowed it from her, she also told the loan company the money she gave was a gift which I just got the papers in from the bank today which states so, and her signature is on it stating so.

Last edited:

south

It’s your post you chose to give only snippets of information this can only result in the responses you got.

Who said she owned the home?

The interest rate on her card has nothing to do with you and is irrelevant to the situation; also the interest rate you quoted is for purchases NOT for cash with draws that carry a higher rate.

Is it a gift or are you making payments?
I thought you said this was a cash withdrawal on her card now you are stating it was a loan from the bank, which she made a statement it was a gift.

You state there is a statement there is no money being paid to her for you parking your very nice triple wide mobile worth $95,000 well that does not mean she cannot increase the rent from $0 to $XXX to park on her land.

Bottom line is you have a sweet deal basically living for free best to get of your high horse and pay her off as she wants or find a way to pay her off and hopefully she will carry on letting you park on her land for free saving you thousands a year.

The way you are carrying on she may end up kicking you of HER land.

gokunbjess said:
the interest rate of her charge card has only a 2.99% interest rate and as for the home she has no binds to it at all, and she signed a letter to my bank that the home is on her lot with no monetary lot lease. I have no problem paying her the money but she agreed to a due date of the first of every month . I am sorry to have posted anything on here it seems like a lot of the members are ignorant , as for just hooking it up to a caravan its not that simple, it is a triple wide home , very beautiful I might add, and values at $95000 . I don't care what she does with her money like you seem to think I care about the fact that my mother has become an alcoholic, and my reply was to another member who happens to see that there should not be an issue of 1 week now on my mothers part, but obviously you don't see it you just think somebody should up and move, I have my 6 year old son to think of and am not about to just up and move his home. Maybe you should read everything a little bit more carefully ! Oh and as for her owning the home , she has nothing on this home, my mortgage company owns the home, the money borrowed for for the down payment I needed 12000 and only had 9000, so that is why I borrowed it from her, she also told the loan company the money she gave was a gift which I just got the papers in from the bank today which states so, and her signature is on it stating so.

gokunbjess

South,
I have a mortgage on the house from a bank, I borrowed $3000 off my mother to put on the house on top of the $9000 I had, I am not living fro free, I have a mortgage on top of her payment. What I meant about the gift is she stated to bank I did not have to pay her the money back she was giving towards the house, when in reality her and I agreed I was to pay her back at like I said 100 the 1st of every month, and as for the interest, it is as I said, her card was running a special at the time and that is my interest, I have the statement here in front of me. At this point I need to fill You in on something, I just spoke to a lawyer and he informed me she has no legal reason for eviction and that since she told the bank the money was a gift from her she legally could not hold me to the payments, but if I want to agree there was a loan which I do , I don't take handouts, since there was no written agreement on the loan the due date automatically reverts to the 1st of the month and she can't do anything until 10 days have passed beyond the 1st. So you should lokk into stuff yourself before you so rudly tell people something you have no idea what you are talking about!

south

So whats your complaint?

YOU ARE LIVING FOR FREE WAKE UP!

Your mother has provided free land to you and lent you money to buy your very lovely triple wide worth $95,000 and being the spoilt little sibbling you are look to pursue further by contacting lawyers about your mother.

If it was not for your mother you would have NO lovely triple wide worth $95,000 and no where to put it...

gokunbjess said:
South,
I have a mortgage on the house from a bank, I borrowed $3000 off my mother to put on the house on top of the $9000 I had, I am not living fro free, I have a mortgage on top of her payment. What I meant about the gift is she stated to bank I did not have to pay her the money back she was giving towards the house, when in reality her and I agreed I was to pay her back at like I said 100 the 1st of every month, and as for the interest, it is as I said, her card was running a special at the time and that is my interest, I have the statement here in front of me. At this point I need to fill You in on something, I just spoke to a lawyer and he informed me she has no legal reason for eviction and that since she told the bank the money was a gift from her she legally could not hold me to the payments, but if I want to agree there was a loan which I do , I don't take handouts, since there was no written agreement on the loan the due date automatically reverts to the 1st of the month and she can't do anything until 10 days have passed beyond the 1st. So you should lokk into stuff yourself before you so rudly tell people something you have no idea what you are talking about!

gokunbjess

You are the one who needs to wake up, if paying my mother $100 amonth and paying a mortgage to a bank of 440 a month is living for free I would hate to see what you think real bills are. Further more she would not have this land if I didn't loan her the money from my inheritance to buy it 8 years ago so it is only right it comes back to me, since she never paid me the money she borrowed from me and beings she is my mother I would never ask for it back

south

O'Shut up you plonker

gokunbjess said:
You are the one who needs to wake up, if paying my mother $100 amonth and paying a mortgage to a bank of 440 a month is living for free I would hate to see what you think real bills are. Further more she would not have this land if I didn't loan her the money from my inheritance to buy it 8 years ago so it is only right it comes back to me, since she never paid me the money she borrowed from me and beings she is my mother I would never ask for it back

South, it's very mean to tell people to "shut up." And I don't know what a plonker is.

OP, what still concerns me the most is that you have nothing in writing regarding the agreement with your mother. Have you searched laws in your state regarding property that is located on someone else's property? I mean, if she gets pi$$y enough could she legally bar you from her land? Like in other words your house would be setting there, down the driveway, but she wouldn't let you 'on her land' to get to it? I don't know.....it just doesn't seem like this is heading anywhere good.

I would either mend fences with her enough to get something in place, in writing, or seriously start looking for another lot to locate your home to.

If she's already taken $$ from you and not paid you back, now she's trying to change the terms of a loan she made to you, there's just a bad pattern here. Like Dr. Phil says, "We teach people how to treat us."

Best of luck,
Karla in Amarillo

gokunbjess

Yes, Karla I researched laws in my state and thank you for sticking up to that bully for me. I myself don't know what a plonker is and quite frankly don't care. Anyway I would love nothing more to mend fences . As for the laws in my state there is nothing she can do to me. I am not in default with the loan with her all she can do is file for an eviction which will turn out to be a wrongful eviction and she would wind up forking out numerous expenses in result of it. She would have to pay damages to me for moving, any improvements to her lot, any costs to have utilies established on the premises etc. And contrary to a certain someone's beliefs I am not a spoiled sibling, I have worked hard for what I have even if I have had to borrow from my mother but I thought family is upposed to be there for each other. I did not turn to a lawyer to seek any vengance on my mother at all just wanted to make sure my son's home was safe and secure.

Just Blue

ENASNI said:
south is from Britian originally. Definition of Plonker

I was bored, I had to look it up.

Thanks ENASINI ....I thought it meant to plonk your very nice 95,000 triple wide down on your mom's yard and then to *itch about paying one week earlier. Plonker. Good word!! I like it! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">