• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately needing info to keep my children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Single mom needs your info

My name is kim from tampa florida. I am an unmarried mother with three children. My ex and I broke up around 8 months ago. I have very small children. My ex has a very bad temper but has never physically hurt myself or the children. He sees the children maybe once or twice sometimes a month. Upon seperation we agreed upon the amount of $150 per week which he has paid maybe 4 times. He gets angry and says very hurtful things to the children. He has never physically hurt myself or the children but does not think about the things that he does when he is angry. He just tries to hurt with words. I try to be nice but it is getting more and more difficult as he pays nothing for his children and it is very hard to survive. My questions are: If he got angry and took my children from me, what can I do? Paternity has never been established and my case is with child support enforcement which could take forever. What rights do I have as a parent? I do not have much money. Is there somewhere I could get help with the child support? I need any information anyone could please give me.

Barely holding on

[Edited by Kimbakim on 05-30-2001 at 09:17 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential