• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately seeking advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vonayala

My friend traded her Z-28 Iroc for a Van it then turns out that when she went to register the van under her name, it turns out that she needs a second signature from the dealer in order to transfer the vehicle into her name. Also the lady was late on 3 payments on her van and knownly traded it. When my friend decided to go to her house and find out what was going wrong, she saw her the car she traded there but no one would open the door. What can she do in order to justify this problem. The dealer by now is probably looking for this van. And my friend will be without a car?

HELP she could really use some advice!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vonayala:
My friend traded her Z-28 Iroc for a Van it then turns out that when she went to register the van under her name, it turns out that she needs a second signature from the dealer in order to transfer the vehicle into her name. Also the lady was late on 3 payments on her van and knownly traded it. When my friend decided to go to her house and find out what was going wrong, she saw her the car she traded there but no one would open the door. What can she do in order to justify this problem. The dealer by now is probably looking for this van. And my friend will be without a car?

HELP she could really use some advice!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

And you thought no one was going to help you, didn't you?

First, try your State's DMV. Go there and report the matter to the Vehicle Fraud Investigations Unit. Then, go to your City Hall, Criminal Unit, and fill out a crime complaint with them. Then, see if the police would suggest that you report the car as "stolen" (remember, she took your car under false pretense, and hasn't paid you).

Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">