• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately seeking help, did not get it last time!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elite1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ontario

I posted this a little while ago, but did not get any advice only questions. Anybody been through this??? Anybody have advice or opinions(good or bad)?

I am a sigle mom of two beautiful children (9 & 13)who has been divorced for just over 9yrs, in our court order he had to pay me support and had visitation of everyother weekend and every Wed. night. At the beginning he was on Midnight shift and could not take them Wed. evening, so I told him he could take them in the mornings for a couple of hours. He did so for a while and has not for 8 yrs, but has continued to take them every other weekend. I offered the ex to have them for a week of his holidays in the summer time and alternating holidays (since), it has been going well since. My daughter at age 11 decided she wanted to see what it would be like to live with her dad, I agreed because I knew he would take it to the courts and I did not want to put my daughter through that.

Last year, I had to go on welfare due to the fact I have a hurniated disk and have to have physio. A couple of months ago welfare requested my ex to provide a financial statement, a recent pay stub and income tax, he totally refused to do so saying he would not support me. Since he refused they advised me to take him to court, I spoke with an advice lawyer and they told me I had to or welfare would come up with an amount themselves and deduct it from me anyway. I did not find this fair at all, and I was so afraid of what my ex would do! I called him to explain that I had no choice, but he would not listen and just called me a lyer.

After I served him with the paper's, he served me with some claiming I have neglected and ill-treated both my children and wants my son too who was only 3months old when we seperated. He has asked that a lawyer be appointed to my son (I agreed), but because of his alligations I also want one appointed to my daughter. He has gone back to my daughter (lying) and told her that I am trying to have the courts return her to my custody and now she wants nothing to do with me, but I am not (I know my daughter is happy, it is just he is telling the court she has issues with me, but when I ask her she says no she just wants to hang out with her friends). I don't know what to do, I want my children to be happy and I can't understand why he wants me out of my children's life, why he does not understand that he is hurting the children more then he is me.

I am not a perfect parent, but I try hard not to bad mouth their father to them...ex: my son told me that his dad was taking him to Wonderland on his week with him and I told my son I was glad that his father could do that with him, because I could not handle all the walking or go on the rides with my back. I feel when you put the other parent down a child feels you are putting a part of them down too, I went through that with my parents and I was 21.

Any advice you may have (whether good or bad) would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

rmet4nzkx

You have been told several times this site is for US laws only yet you persist in asking your question over and over again, you have an attorney, please ask your Canadian attorney your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">