• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperatly Needing Advice in Texas!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arkgrl24

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am desperatly needing advice. I live in Bowie County, Texarkana, Texas. I have been married since January of 1998. I have two children with my husband (ages 6 and 7) who reside with me. We have no joint property or assests. I filed for divorce with full custody several months ago. I have been on my attorney to get things moving and he always has an excuse. His newest excuse is that I cannot get a divorce until my husband takes parenting classes. I understand this if this were normal circumstances, but mine are different. My husband is currently in jail awaiting arraingment on two felony counts of sexual assault of a child (our 6 year old daughter). I have spoken with CPS and they aggreed with me to fight for him to have no contact with the children or supervised visitation by a state official. So if there is no parenting of the children for him, why does he have to take this class? I was also told that he cannot take these classes until he is out of jail. Okay, well he may be in jail a long time if he is convicted. I asked what this meant for me and my attorney told me I would have to wait for him to be released and take the classes. Come on now!!! Does this mean I cannot get divorced from this sick man for 10-15 years???? Is there such a law? And if there is, aren't there exceptions?? I desperatly need advice. Is my attorney telling the truth or is he stalling because he was paid in full several months ago?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">