• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Destroyed Medical Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vlfile

arkansas - after submitting copies of my echo reports to an attorney for their expert cardiologist to review, i was told i could possibly have a good case against redux. i was then requested to obtain copies of my echo "tapes". (i had a stree echo, doppler echo, & transisophogeal echo). these were done not quite 7 months ago. when i contacted the hospital, i was told they tape over them after only 3 months! the attorney said without the tapes, they can't go any further with my case. the hospital suggested i do them over (several thousand dollars). my question, can the hospital legally tape over my records after 3 months? don't i have a right to these tapes just the same as any "typed" medical records for the same period of time? how is a person expected to get a second opinion if the tapes were destroyed? can the hospital be held liable now that i am unable to pursue my redux claim? (i will be on medication for the rest of my life & will continue to have to have a yearly echo done since taking redux). what can i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">