• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

detective decided to stop investigation of sexual abuse against her father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The detective's error caused 5 more years of abuse for a child after told he erred. Now what?

• The prosecutor and detective should have immunity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The prosecutor should be held liable as it is the prosecutors' decision to ensure proper work

• Neither the prosecutor or detective should be held liable they were only doing their job

• Total voters

senh

The detective assigned to my daughter's sexual abuse case against her father and grandmother decided not to continue investigation after he MISREAD his Officers' report. The prosecutor's screener report was erred and my ex used the screener report to take custody from me. After meeting with the prosecutors office after several attempts to get them to correct their report, the prosecutor's assistant agreed there was an error but informed me she would not change the errors because the lady who wrote the report "no longer works there". My daughter has since been fully alienated from me and I am still asking for correction to the report to no avail explaining that it was due to their errors that I lost custody. There were counter allegations against my boyfriend and when they screened that out they said I made her lie and took custody permanently. Since then I got a lie detector test for both my boyfriend and me voluntarily and passed. I also got the mental exam ordered and passed that. I have asked for time with my daughter since the visit supervisor cut off visits because of something my daughter said to them (they didn't write it down or tell me what was said). They too were in error because they were not trained to handle sex abuse cases according to their membership bylaws. My daughter was coached to say whatever she said and in a nut shell I am ready to sue. Is it too late? It's been 5 years now. I also had a head injury from an accident just a year prior. Due to me in recovery and with the new trauma of losing my daughter I am just now getting over the mental issues and now prepared to fight. Do I have any recourse and does anyone have any suggestions to remediate these systemic problems that have already been identified by the DOJ in 2012?

Dandy Don

What state is involved here?

Explain what you mean when you say he "misread" the report.

Explain how the "errors" in the report need to be corrected.

How old is your daughter?

Is this a preliminary investigation and is it true that there have been no hearings at all about this situation in a court of law?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The detective assigned to my daughter's sexual abuse case against her father and grandmother decided not to continue investigation after he MISREAD his Officers' report.
You did not mention the state and that's important because state laws vary. However, in pretty much every state you'll find that a police officer's failure to investigate a crime or a prosecutor's failure to prosecute it will not give future victims any claim for money damages against the police or prosecutor for later crimes that were committed by the suspect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">