• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

detention and bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amica

I have a few question about jail and court system. Recently someone I know got detained. At first I thought the person would be able to bail out in a few days. But when I called adult detention department, someone told me that the detainee has no bail yet, so I was not told how much the bail required yet. The person from the department also told me that the detainee doesn't know until goes to a court. So now I'm wondering how long it usually takes a detainee to know how much the bail is. Will the detainee not be able to get out from the jail until goes to a court? If so, how long it usually takes to be set for an appointment(hearing?)with a court? When I called the department, that person also told me that the charge is some kind of assault, I don't know for sure though because I was pretty confused at that time, so I could be wrong. Anyways, I wanna know how long it usually takes for the detainee to bail out from the jail. I've heard it usually takes within 100 days, is it true?

[This message has been edited by amica (edited February 14, 2000).]

A

ArizonaAl

There is a constitutional right to bail and it usually takes a business day or two -- if there is a lawyer involved even less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">