• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dexter Lock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannawin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Does anyone know if Dexter Lock that was located in Grand Rapids MI had a life insurance policy ? My grandma worked there all her life and I am trying to figure out if there is an insurance policy that nobody has bothered to claim, because we didn't know about it. I know they have changed names over the years. Thanks for any help !

swalsh411

Most employer sponsored life insurance policies end when the employee (still alive) terminates employment.

I would start with whatever agency handles insurance regulation and registration for your State.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the company still exists, then call the Benefits office and ask them. They will know whether there was any such policy and if so, whether your grandmother is still covered under it. (It may have termed when she left the company, or it may have termed when she attained a certain age. Both are common. Both are legal.)

If the company no longer exists, then any life insurance policy that may have been in effect when your grandmother was working there is no longer valid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">