• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DHS harrassment over past charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

You say that the charges were NOT against you, yet you later reply to a query about the child's age at the time of the assault with: "My daughter was 4 at the time and the charge was child abuse by injury."

So, if you were "only" charged with thumping your ex, how could you also be charged with "child abuse by injury"? Is that some reference to the fact that the 4 year old watched you beat her mom in front of her?

I suspect DHS is concerned that the mother is not protecting the children by keeping them from an abuser. It is not uncommon for abusers to have court orders prohibiting contact from their victim. I am surprised that there is not SOME sort of order prohibiting contact. DHS is free to express their concerns. If they feel that your ex is not protecting the children, they can take the matter before a judge. Until then, if there is no court order or probation condition preventing the contact you are free to maintain said contact ... even if it might not be wise absent advice by legal counsel.

Just Blue

You say that the charges were NOT against you, yet you later reply to a query about the child's age at the time of the assault with: "My daughter was 4 at the time and the charge was child abuse by injury."

So, if you were "only" charged with thumping your ex, how could you also be charged with "child abuse by injury"? Is that some reference to the fact that the 4 year old watched you beat her mom in front of her?

I suspect DHS is concerned that the mother is not protecting the children by keeping them from an abuser. It is not uncommon for abusers to have court orders prohibiting contact from their victim. I am surprised that there is not SOME sort of order prohibiting contact. DHS is free to express their concerns. If they feel that your ex is not protecting the children, they can take the matter before a judge. Until then, if there is no court order or probation condition preventing the contact you are free to maintain said contact ... even if it might not be wise absent advice by legal counsel.
Carl...reread the opening post. OP abused and injured his 4 year old daughter 8 years ago and is currently on probation. There is somekind of RO regarding that child.

An ex GF and her children (not his children) are the ones being discussed here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">