• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DHS says Im A daddy of a 10 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?Oklahoma
A relationship I had as a 16 yr old Has resurfaced 10 years later to say her daughter she had in 1995 is mine. At the time of our relations she said the father of her child was the guy she was cheating on me with. Do I have any legal rights, She wants over 40,000 dollars worth of back child support. HELP ME.. I have a court date for a perternaty Hearing the 16 of feb. :confused:


Under the Radar Member
Don't panic. Insist on a DNA test to make sure you're the child's father. Unless she's been receiving state aid, she's not likely to get 10 years worth of back support. (But if she HAS been getting state aid, and you're the father, you're in a world of hurt - and may want to talk to a lawyer.)


Junior Member
Thank you

Hey Stelthy thanks for the imput My wife and I will pray for a resoulution. My wife will stand behind me no matter the out come.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential