• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did fedex tamper with my package?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danny11

I just recieved a package from fedex. I hadn't recived the package as it showed online. When I asked for proof they said they delivered the package. I called the company where I had ordered the item and they send a copy of the signature when the item was delivered. I informed them that I don't the person whose name is signed. After a few calls to both the company and fedex i was told they'll get back to me. The next day I recieved the item which was not in its original packaging. The signature online of the person when the item was delivered had changed. And the return label with the package is to santa at a fake address?

Just Blue

I just recieved a package from fedex. I hadn't recived the package as it showed online. When I asked for proof they said they delivered the package. I called the company where I had ordered the item and they send a copy of the signature when the item was delivered. I informed them that I don't the person whose name is signed. After a few calls to both the company and fedex i was told they'll get back to me. The next day I recieved the item which was not in its original packaging. The signature online of the person when the item was delivered had changed. And the return label with the package is to santa at a fake address?
What state? It the item order in good condition?

Danny11

NJ, open,scrached but working. I do have copies of both signatures as well when they claimed the item was delivered. I was wondering what's the recourse of them including fake return label after tampering once with it

quincy

If you received the correct item but it was damaged, you can return it for a replacement.

You don't know who provided the fake label.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
The most likely situation is that the person who signed for it realized the package didn't belong to them, so repackaged it and got it to you. Seriously -- you have zero proof that fedex "tampered" with anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">