• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did Grandma have insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmg1488

New York

My grandmother died last year. My mother seems to think she had life insurance but we do not know what company it was with. How do we find out this information?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If going through Grandma's things produces no information, your only option is to pick up the phone and start dialing.

I know that what you wanted to hear is that there exists some online database that will provide that information, but there isn't. Sorry.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Mea culpa.

The MIB was not making that information public accessible when I last worked in insurance. Thanks for the correction.

ENASNI

cbg said:
Mea culpa.

The MIB was not making that information public accessible when I last worked in insurance. Thanks for the correction.
You are still pretty close to perfect in my eyes, my friend. :)

somarco

Hey, it was news to me. Just stumbled on to it earlier today while mulling around on the MIB site looking for other stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">