• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I do something wrong?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INeed2KNow1234

Maryland

Ok so, I was on this dating website called meetme talking to different women all supposedly between the ages of 19-26. Earlier this morning I got a call from a man saying that he lives in West Virginia and that I talked to his daughter online and that she is 15 and she broke a window when he found her trying to text me, and he says he is pressing charges on me for giving my number to a minor. On the other hand I have no recollection of who he is talking about and everyone i spoke to claimed to be over the age of 18. I never sent any nudes or even talked in any sexual ways to any of the women I spoke to online. The father says I gave his daughter my number and that's where i went wrong. But even if i did give her my number she never texted or called me after we talked on the dating app. I don't remember talking to any person by the name he gave me and when I went back to check my meetme there was nobody that I had exchanged numbers with that I gave my number too everyone gave me there number.
But if there is a chance I may have missed something or if she deleted the conversation did I do anything wrong by giving her my number even though I didn't speak to her in a sexual way or exchange any sexual pictures, or even speak to her after the initial conversation?

-Please respond back fast INeed2Know

quincy

Those dating websites have created all sorts of problems for the users. This is an example of just one of many issues that can crop up when "conversing" with unknown people on the internet.

Be careful.

INeed2KNow1234

Those dating websites have created all sorts of problems for the users. This is an example of just one of many issues that can crop up when "conversing" with unknown people on the internet.

Be careful.
Thank you so much for your input! I was very concerned for a moment I don't want to be labeled as a child predator.

Just Blue

Maryland

Ok so, I was on this dating website called meetme talking to different women all supposedly between the ages of 19-26. Earlier this morning I got a call from a man saying that he lives in West Virginia and that I talked to his daughter online and that she is 15 and she broke a window when he found her trying to text me, and he says he is pressing charges on me for giving my number to a minor. On the other hand I have no recollection of who he is talking about and everyone i spoke to claimed to be over the age of 18. I never sent any nudes or even talked in any sexual ways to any of the women I spoke to online. The father says I gave his daughter my number and that's where i went wrong. But even if i did give her my number she never texted or called me after we talked on the dating app. I don't remember talking to any person by the name he gave me and when I went back to check my meetme there was nobody that I had exchanged numbers with that I gave my number too everyone gave me there number.
But if there is a chance I may have missed something or if she deleted the conversation did I do anything wrong by giving her my number even though I didn't speak to her in a sexual way or exchange any sexual pictures, or even speak to her after the initial conversation?

-Please respond back fast INeed2Know
Unless YOU are under the age of 18 you are posting in the wrong forum.

quincy

Thank you so much for your input! I was very concerned for a moment I don't want to be labeled as a child predator.
That can be one of the problems with dating sites if you send or receive sexually explicit messages or photos ... but the call you received is a common scam and appears to be something you can safely ignore.

Just be careful to whom you give your phone number and other personal information.

Just Blue

Your question had something to do with juvenile law if the man claimed you were having contact with his minor daughter. So it's not a problem. :)
I disagree. IF OP were under 18 then it would have something to do with JL. But as OP is an adult he wouldn't be in JC. He would be in grown up court. JL forum is for juvies who commit/are accused of breaking the law.

But it isn't that big of a deal. :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I disagree. IF OP were under 18 then it would have something to do with JL. But as OP is an adult he wouldn't be in JC. He would be in grown up court. JL forum is for juvies who commit/are accused of breaking the law.

But it isn't that big of a deal. :)
Wrong. In Ohio some adults are brought before juvenile court on criminal matters. That is legal fact.

quincy

The good news for INeed2KNow is that it doesn't sound as if he will have to appear in any court - adult or juvenile. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">