• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did i violate bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am on an apperance bond in alabama. The paperwork states do not break state federal or local laws. Since then I moved to another state and got a dui. Does this violate my apperance bond in alabama?

Yes. Driving while under the influence violates the law.
Yes i understandand dui is breaking the law my question is if the apperance bond was broken. I.e does the statment: break any state federal or local law apply to the state laws in which im schedualed to appear or on a national level?

xylene

Yes it does.
I also strongly suspect establishes you were in consumption of alcohol whihc would most likely be an issue.
As would leaving the state.

You haven't mentioned those issues.

You should be talking to a lawyer.

quincy

Yes i understandand dui is breaking the law my question is if the apperance bond was broken. I.e does the statment: break any state federal or local law apply to the state laws in which im schedualed to appear or on a national level?
The statement applies to ANY federal, state or local law.

Alabama and the state where you were charged with a DUI are both states and a DUI violates state law.

I agree with xylene. You need to speak to your lawyer - and if you don't have one, it seems a good time to get one.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">