• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did not pay full salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Hi there,
I am on my H1B Visa & worked for Princeton, NJ based company. They did not pay me full salary for month of march. Then I switched employer & now I've started my green card process thru new employer, which requires experience letter. But my previous employer is not ready to give experience letter.

So, How will I get my salary & experience letter? Is there any other form apart from mw-31a for claim in DOL, NJ?


Senior Member
You can try suing your previous employer in small claims court for the missing pay.

I don't think there's any legal way you can force your previous employer to give you an experience letter. And if they're unwilling to give you one now, they sure aren't going to be any more willing once you file your small claims court lawsuit! You could try providing copies of your paystubs as proof of experience, and include your former boss's name and contact information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential