• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did the police go overboard with this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Ok, you win.

The cops were WAY out of line and you should file a lawsuit against the entire department for not less than 10,000. Your ex was WAY out of line for attempting to pick the child up late and you had every right to refuse her access to her child.

And people really do catch cold from going outside with their hair wet. :rolleyes:

cthlc513

She came to the house to get her child for her court ORDERED visitation. YOU are the one to create the issues when you decided to act like a dink.

When this appears before a judge you better be prepared for the police to be subpoenaed in to testify as to your contemptible behavior.
You seem very determined to attack me. But you did not say anything about the fact that she once withheld my son (for no reason). When she did it, the police did not have a problem with it. I withheld my son for a very good reason. It was too cold outside, she did not have a ride, and my son just had a bath. I don't care about her, I care about my son.

CJane

The court order had specific times listed for exchanges! She came an HOUR late. She should have told me ahead of time about her plans. The court order stated that both sides should have contact about exchanges. She never told me that she wanted to exchange later. Also, she did use harassment. TRANSPORTATION IS HER RESPONSIBILITY. She never even had her own drivers license because she never wanted to get one. She gets all of his money. She should be getting a taxi cab.
Well, there's a surprise. It's not Dad posting after all.

Oh shizzle.
Shes not on here asking for advice, you are. So about that other time...it isn't relevant today.
You care about your son. Witholding your son from his own mother because she didn't have a ride and it was cold are not reasons to withold your son.So she was a little late. For petes sake she walked 3 miles to get there, cut her some slack!!!!

cracker

Colds are viruses, they do not come from being outside in the cold. If being in the cold made you sick, eskimos would not exist. I used to wait for the bus in the cold with wet hair. By the time the bus got there parts of my hair would be frozen. It never made me catch a "cold".

cthlc513

Wow I am glad I learned this new fact that being out in the cold causes a cold! Not germs!

Look, I dont know what the harrassment was, were there charges against her? A restraining order?
If not, get over it.
This is the woman you chose to fertilize, to have YOUR child together. Yada yada, it's her responsibility to provide transportation. So to prove your point you will let your son go 3 miles in the cold instead of sucking it up and doing the right thing by giving her a ride. If you were so concerned, you would have been a nicer parent.
Since I told my lawyer about the harassment, he made sure that the new court order had measures to prevent any future harassment. She was not supposed to go inside the house. That's what happened. She should have been a better parent. She is a middle-aged woman and she still doesn't have a drivers license!!! And I'm the one who's lazy? She should have came back tomorrow and realized her error in judgment.

Ok, you win.

The cops were WAY out of line and you should file a lawsuit against the entire department for not less than 10,000. Your ex was WAY out of line for attempting to pick the child up late and you had every right to refuse her access to her child.

And people really do catch cold from going outside with their hair wet. :rolleyes:
It happened to my son before. If you aren't going to be serious, then why are you responding?

Just Blue

You seem very determined to attack me. But you did not say anything about the fact that she once withheld my son (for no reason). When she did it, the police did not have a problem with it. I withheld my son for a very good reason. It was too cold outside, she did not have a ride, and my son just had a bath. I don't care about her, I care about my son.
If she was here posting about how she denied your court ordered time I would rip her a new one. The police (in general) do not deal with civil matters...In this case I think they perceived it as a DD...I believe this due to how YOU have described the incident. Your son will not get a cold from a 3 mile walk while in a stroler....even if his hair is damp. Put a warm coat on him, a hat, gloves and give mom a blanket to tuck around Jr.

You are totally out of line here. Totally.

The police report will reflect your poor behavior and refusal to abide by the order. You better change your attitude before you loose custody.

cthlc513, I understand you are upset with Mom , remember though being late happens. What I have learned from experience... Trust nothing said only what happens. In other words, plan on her showing up even late until bedtime and even at that point be prepared to wake the child... no matter the issue, it is her time. What helps me is to remember, I chose her, it is my responsibility now to deal with the petty issues. Save your strenght for when it really counts.

As for the issue with the police, each officer handles things in thier own manner, some go further than others, it is not bias it is simply that Police are people and each go about the job differently. I have had Police that, when my ex has refused my ordered visit, stayed for 2 hours until they convinced her to allow them to go and I have had Police that have come out asked her to let them go once she said no they filed a report and left. I even had one city department refuse to come out and I had to go down to file the report.

You seem to be getting angry with the seniors... just remember they have alot of experience with these issues and are just telling you how it is. Trust me, much better to get it from them than the judge. Listen when you ask for advice and they can really help.

If she was here posting about how she denied your court ordered time I would rip her a new one. The police (in general) do not deal with civil matters...In this case I think they perceived it as a DD...I believe this due to how YOU have described the incident. Your son will not get a cold from a 3 mile walk while in a stroler....even if his hair is damp. Put a warm coat on him, a hat, gloves and give mom a blanket to tuck around Jr.

The police report will reflect your poor behavior and refusal to abide by the order. You better change your attitude before you loose custody.
What she said.

You were wrong this time, whether you want to hear that or not.

cthlc513

Well, there's a surprise. It's not Dad posting after all.
I already told you that I am the father. She represents one party. And I represent the other party. I was referencing the court order (that's how it's writter).

Oh shizzle.
Shes not on here asking for advice, you are. So about that other time...it isn't relevant today.
You care about your son. Witholding your son from his own mother because she didn't have a ride and it was cold are not reasons to withold your son.So she was a little late. For petes sake she walked 3 miles to get there, cut her some slack!!!!
Is it that hard to call ahead of time?

Colds are viruses, they do not come from being outside in the cold. If being in the cold made you sick, eskimos would not exist. I used to wait for the bus in the cold with wet hair. By the time the bus got there parts of my hair would be frozen. It never made me catch a "cold".
Yes but being in extremely cold conditions weakens your immune system. That's how the pediatrician explained it.

Actually, the police will be the ones paying for this. They did nothing to her but threatened me. That is bias and I will tell my lawyer about it.

cthlc513, I understand you are upset with Mom , remember though being late happens. What I have learned from experience... Trust nothing said only what happens. In other words, plan on her showing up even late until bedtime and even at that point be prepared to wake the child... no matter the issue, it is her time. What helps me is to remember, I chose her, it is my responsibility now to deal with the petty issues. Save your strenght for when it really counts.

As for the issue with the police, each officer handles things in thier own manner, some go further than others, it is not bias it is simply that Police are people and each go about the job differently. I have had Police that, when my ex has refused my ordered visit, stayed for 2 hours until they convinced her to allow them to go and I have had Police that have come out asked her to let them go once she said no they filed a report and left. I even had one city department refuse to come out and I had to go down to file the report.

You seem to be getting angry with the seniors... just remember they have alot of experience with these issues and are just telling you how it is. Trust me, much better to get it from them than the judge. Listen when you ask for advice and they can really help.
I am getting angry with the "seniors" because their statements are rather derogatory. This "own manner" of dealing with things will come back to get those officers. That right there proves that they were biased. I have a right to be angry with her for her bad judgment. Why couldn't she just accept the fact that she planned poorly and left?

Are you the father or the step-mother?
For the third time the father

What she said.

You were wrong this time, whether you want to hear that or not.
No I was not.

cracker

I am being serious, is it at all possible that your son was out in the cold and maybe got next to some germs at the same time. The cold virus can travel quite a long way. I was simply pointing out that "catching a cold" from the weather is a rather ignorant excuse for violating a court order. He could have given her a ride or warmed up some blankets if he was worried about his son's comfort. FACT: while being in extreme cold MAY weaken the immune system, the rhinoVIRUS does not happen due to cold. 30 degrees is not extreme cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">