• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did the police go overboard with this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloopy

I would not have sent my child out with a wet head in the cold. Sorry Popsicle head/bus person.

I would have dried his hair. I would have bundled him up and kissed him goodbye.

I would have called a cab and paid for myself if the walk were just too horrible for me to deal with.

I would not have withheld the child against a court order.

I’d respect the devotion of a person willing to walk uphill in the snow both ways to be with her son.

The more dire you make the stitch, the more endearing her situation is.

cthlc513

I am being serious, is it at all possible that your son was out in the cold and maybe got next to some germs at the same time. The cold virus can travel quite a long way. I was simply pointing out that "catching a cold" from the weather is a rather ignorant excuse for violating a court order. He could have given her a ride or warmed up some blankets if he was worried about his son's comfort. FACT: while being in extreme cold MAY weaken the immune system, the rhinoVIRUS does not happen due to cold. 30 degrees is not extreme cold.
I already told you why my ex did not get a ride. Are you kidding, everyone in my family would catch a cold/get a sore throat/have clogged sinuses after being outside for too long in that kind of weather. Plus, that's actually a reason. When she refused to hand him over, she simply did not want to (she told me that). The police did nothing when it happened. The reason why I am so ticked is that the police officers are biased in her favor.

CJane

I already told you that I am the father. She represents one party. And I represent the other party. I was referencing the court order (that's how it's writter).
Heh. The court order actually says "He gives her all his money"? Where can I get ME a court order like that?

cthlc513

I would not have sent my child out with a wet head in the cold. Sorry Popsicle head/bus person.

I would have dried his hair. I would have bundled him up and kissed him goodbye.

I would have called a cab and paid for myself if the walk were just too horrible for me to deal with.

I’d respect the devotion of a person willing to walk uphill in the snow both ways to be with her son.

The more dire you make the stitch, the more endearing her situation is.
I did dry his hair. Whenever I bundle up in that kind of weather (with a thick winter jacket and hat) I am still freezing and want to get back inside. If I feel that way, how would a small boy feel? I am backed up on medical bills. She has more financial resources than I do since she gets his SSD money. She could afford the cab herself. The police acted erroneously since they treated her a lot better than they treated me.

cracker

Well get over her not handing him over, it happened. Two wrongs don't make a right. Or do like Isabella said, exactly like what she said. Bundle him up, call a cab, send her a bill if you are that concerned about it. If she slashed your tires and you did the same to her do you think you wouldn't get in trouble because she did it to you first?

cthlc513

Heh. The court order actually says "He gives her all his money"? Where can I get ME a court order like that?
Since my son is disabled (autistic), he does get about a grand in SSD money every month. Plus, she gets section 8 housing. I am backed up on medical bills. She can pay for the taxi and everything else herself.

cthlc513

Well get over her not handing him over, it happened. Two wrongs don't make a right. Or do like Isabella said, exactly like what she said. Bundle him up, call a cab, send her a bill if you are that concerned about it. If she slashed your tires and you did the same to her do you think you wouldn't get in trouble because she did it to you first?
She did it without a reason! I had a good reason. The cops did nothing when she did it for no reason. But when I did it (since I had a good reason) they went haywire. The police department has some explaining to do on that one.

Actually, I lived in England for 3 years, and I walked about 2 miles a day, in cold with my autistic baby, and then toddler. We walked in rain, sleet, and snow!! Imagine! It was pretty cold. I think he has had two colds in his first 4 years of life. I had one the whole time, and I was out in it every day. Your son would have been fine. Or if he did catch a cold, its not the last one he is ever going to get. You are going to FREAK out when school starts, if you are that worried about a cold.

Isis1

I already told you why my ex did not get a ride. Are you kidding, everyone in my family would catch a cold/get a sore throat/have clogged sinuses after being outside for too long in that kind of weather. Plus, that's actually a reason. When she refused to hand him over, she simply did not want to (she told me that). The police did nothing when it happened. The reason why I am so ticked is that the police officers are biased in her favor.
so wait, you really witheld the child to get back at mom. mom couldn't be bullied, but you could. hmm..sounds like security issues to me.

still not a good reason to withhold the child.

Bloopy

I did dry his hair. Whenever I bundle up in that kind of weather (with a thick winter jacket and hat) I am still freezing and want to get back inside. If I feel that way, how would a small boy feel? I am backed up on medical bills. She has more financial resources than I do since she gets his SSD money. She could afford the cab herself. The police acted erroneously since they treated her a lot better than they treated me.

I'm picturing a grown man bundled up in a snow suit.

Hat, gloves, coat, blankie all cozy in the stroller. There is no such thing as bad weater just bad clothing. It wasn't a tornado for petes sake.

YOU violated the order and got obstinant with police Have fun in court.

Isis1

Actually, I lived in England for 3 years, and I walked about 2 miles a day, in cold with my autistic baby, and then toddler. We walked in rain, sleet, and snow!! Imagine! It was pretty cold. I think he has had two colds in his first 4 years of life. I had one the whole time, and I was out in it every day. Your son would have been fine. Or if he did catch a cold, its not the last one he is ever going to get. You are going to FREAK out when school starts, if you are that worried about a cold.
oh merciful heavens and the child is alive!!!! imagine that:p

Just Blue

she did it without a reason! I had a good reason. The cops did nothing when she did it for no reason. But when i did it (since i had a good reason) they went haywire. The police department has some explaining to do on that one.
you did not have a good reason. Period.

cracker

I don't know how much experience you have had with the police, but they don't often have much explaining to do. And I'm sorry if I may have missed this, but were they the same cops as the first time this happened?

cthlc513

Well if you have a good immune system, then good for you. He caught about 3 cold last year when I let him play outside (winter) even though he was bundled up.

so wait, you really witheld the child to get back at mom. mom couldn't be bullied, but you could. hmm..sounds like security issues to me.

still not a good reason to withhold the child.
I didn't withhold him to get back at her. I told you that I already settled the issue a while ago. I withheld him because she came late, she harassed me, and it was too cold. Very plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">