• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did wife Lie under oath?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Babboon2469

What state are you in?

What is the nature of these items?
She wants the bedroom set I bought her a few yrs back there is like 8 items so that's why I ain't gonna fight her I got the house we rent she is off lease but just hate losing marriage but it's already gone

B

Babboon2469

She wants the bedroom set I bought her a few yrs back there is like 8 items so that's why I ain't gonna fight her I got the house we rent she is off lease but just hate losing marriage but it's already gone
Washington State

B

Babboon2469

Only thing I can hope for is judge will just drop it this time because there was no violence just me following her like 6 blocks and that is because as soon as I noticed she wasn't stopping I knew she would head to police station so I met her there no threatening and said all wanted to was talk and even showed them the texts from each other and the cancelled no contact order and then they sent me home and she got the new tpo but I haven't been served yet

B

Babboon2469

I think it sucks that she can claim what ever and they believe her I haven't had a police charge since 05 and that was driving on a suspended license lol

B

Babboon2469

She replied on my post bow is that making me a stalker wouldn't that make her the stalker

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Yes, it is wise to limit your stands to things that are more important. Items you "bought her" are gifts, and it's better to just let her take those. Fighting costs $$$. So unless the 8 items are worth as much as it'd cost to get them, letting it go is often the wise choice.

She replied on my post bow is that making me a stalker wouldn't that make her the stalker
Just block the woman already.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, it is wise to limit your stands to things that are more important. Items you "bought her" are gifts, and it's better to just let her take those. Fighting costs $$$. So unless the 8 items are worth as much as it'd cost to get them, letting it go is often the wise choice.

Just block the woman already.
The guy violated the court order by posting what he did in the first place. This guy needs to realize that it's over and leave the poor woman alone.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The guy violated the court order by posting what he did in the first place. This guy needs to realize that it's over and leave the poor woman alone.
While that is true, I also question her choice to not only not block him, but to respond in the comments to a post on his FB page.

At least, that's my understanding of what happened: that he made a post on his page, and the estranged wife commented.

It's not FB stalking if you're FB friends, but if there's a restraining order involved, the first thing you do it block the other party (unless they have beaten you to it). I'd get it if the wife got a screen shot of his post and then quietly blocked him, but instead she replied. She's as responsible for that as him: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is available on Facebook.

I think we can all agree that OP is clueless. Who cares whether the wife lied to the judge - OP should be more concerned about whether the restraining order is violated, and do what he can to prevent further violations. Namely, block his wife from all social media and lose her phone number.

When someone goes before a judge and successfully requests a restraining order it's game over for the relationship. (Well, if anyone is remotely sane, that is.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">