• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't get paid last week of my employment as they claimed they keep it as a safety deposit????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasios1986

So i got employed by this cafe during summer as i was looking for my next career station in design. I worked there over a month. They never offered me to sign a contract even if i mentioned it more than 3 times. They kept postponing it. Before i start, they said that they pay weekly, but they keep a week as a deposit, so for example if i worked from 10 to 17 of July, i would get paid at 23 for this week. One week later.

My problem is, that when i informed them that i am leaving, they refused to pay me that one last week i worked, and they said its not payable because of these unexpected news. I told them that its not legal to not pay someones work, i worked for these hours, and still they refused to pay me. What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">