• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn’t get promotion because I’m white

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

As I stated, multiple clients and sponsors that have been working with my company for longer than I have, have expressed that I am the best they have ever seen from my company and continuously ask for my services specifically and no one else.

Also, as I stated, the ONE non-Mexican hiring manager basically expressed that I was one of his choices, to “not let him down” in a private conversation.

Maybe if you could actually read and not focus on the “tone” of a written paragraph, you would have picked up on that.

Also, they all admitted that if anyone were to step down for any reason, I would be next in line to take the position.

Don’t disrespect me like that. I am a humble, extremely hard worker. I have saved their ass from being fired from multiple contracts. I don’t complain or ask for anything, but I feel like I’m being screwed over. No need for your clueless comments.
Please be nice to the volunteers on this site. Thanks.

You should first do as cbg suggested. Speak to HR to ask about the positions that were filled and what you might do now as an employee to be considered for a promotion in the future. Perhaps knowing Spanish was a more important factor than you thought, for example.

The meeting with HR should be to sate your curiosity. Do not claim discrimination or unfairness in their promotion decision. But you must address your concern with HR before you consider additional action. There might be no additional action to take.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As I stated, multiple clients and sponsors that have been working with my company for longer than I have, have expressed that I am the best they have ever seen from my company and continuously ask for my services specifically and no one else.

Also, as I stated, the ONE non-Mexican hiring manager basically expressed that I was one of his choices, to “not let him down” in a private conversation.

Maybe if you could actually read and not focus on the “tone” of a written paragraph, you would have picked up on that.

Also, they all admitted that if anyone were to step down for any reason, I would be next in line to take the position.

Don’t disrespect me like that. I am a humble, extremely hard worker. I have saved their ass from being fired from multiple contracts. I don’t complain or ask for anything, but I feel like I’m being screwed over. No need for your clueless comments.
You're doing a great job at making yourself more likeable.

TreNine36

Um ... you are being unpleasant again. ;)

Your other post was reported because your language violated the terms of use of this site. Please reread the IMPORTANT NOTICE at the bottom of this page.

Thank you.

Good luck with your employer.
you are both repulsive. thanks for being instigators on a help forum. get off your high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">