• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't stop when someone hit me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brien

Worst Friday night in my life!

Last night some car bumped my door while driving a few blocks from my apartment. I barely felt it and really thought, at worst, it would be a dent that I could pop out for $50.

I didn't stop because I was a few blocks from my place and I had just driven 35 miles, windows open on a highway, with soiled shorts and temperature in the mid 30's. I was humiliated just driving with my windows down freezing because of the smell. If had to get out of the car it would have spread all over my legs, car, and street.

It would have been HUMILIATING, this was blocks from where I live and place I'd like to not be known as the guy who **** in the streets.

To be honest if I can pay $500 to get this fixed, and not have to tell anyone I pooped myself and drove a long distance sitting in it, I'd rather do that. But I don't want to get pulled over and find out they reported it and I get arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.

Questions:

- Is there any way to find out if a hit and run was reported for my accident with out physically visiting the police station?
- If not, and I go there to ask, will I get arrested?

I'm asking this because its Saturday morning and I have to be in Boston for work later this evening and I can't sit in jail the entire weekend, but I also don't want to wait until Monday and look like I was hiding anything.

quincy

Worst Friday night in my life!

Last night some car bumped my door while driving a few blocks from my apartment. I barely felt it and really thought, at worst, it would be a dent that I could pop out for $50.

I didn't stop because I was a few blocks from my place and I had just driven 35 miles, windows open on a highway, with soiled shorts and temperature in the mid 30's. I was humiliated just driving with my windows down freezing because of the smell. If had to get out of the car it would have spread all over my legs, car, and street.

It would have been HUMILIATING, this was blocks from where I live and place I'd like to not be known as the guy who **** in the streets.

To be honest if I can pay $500 to get this fixed, and not have to tell anyone I pooped myself and drove a long distance sitting in it, I'd rather do that. But I don't want to get pulled over and find out they reported it and I get arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.

Questions:

- Is there any way to find out if a hit and run was reported for my accident with out physically visiting the police station?
- If not, and I go there to ask, will I get arrested?

I'm asking this because its Saturday morning and I have to be in Boston for work later this evening and I can't sit in jail the entire weekend, but I also don't want to wait until Monday and look like I was hiding anything.
Seriously?

You were hiding something.

There is no place in the laws on hit and run that excuse someone from leaving the scene of a hit and run because they pooped their pants, and there is no place in the laws on hit and run that shows the law cares all that much about the plans of the hit-and-runner.

You can call to see if the accident was reported. There is no way anyone here can tell you if you will be arrested or not.

brien

Seriously?

You were hiding something.

There is no place in the laws on hit and run that excuse someone from leaving the scene of a hit and run because they pooped their pants, and there is no place in the laws on hit and run that shows the law cares all that much about the plans of the hit-and-runner.

You can call to see if the accident was reported. There is no way anyone here can tell you if you will be arrested or not.
Yea seriously. What I was hiding had nothing to do with them hitting me. You're just stretching to disagree on that point. Your second has more weight.

quincy

Yea seriously. What I was hiding had nothing to do with them hitting me. You're just stretching to disagree on that point. Your second has more weight.
I wasn't stretching anything. You said you fled the scene of an accident because you wanted to hide what you had done previously. I didn't say that what you were hiding had anything to do with the accident itself.

Admittedly, though, my first post was written as it was because I did not really believe your story. My second post was a second-thought, posted on the chance your first post was a serious one.

You can call the police department to find out if the accident was reported. Or you can speak with an attorney in your area to see what the attorney recommends you do. The attorney could call the police department for you. And, if the accident was reported and you find yourself charged with a hit and run, say nothing to the police. Having an attorney by your side, to speak for you and help you defend your actions, would be wise and is advised.

Good luck.

davew128

Are you ****ting me? I would buy this argument in Southie where nobody cares about anyone else. In the suburbs? I'm also having a hard time identifying a 35 mile stretch of highway from I-495 east or on the Mass Turnpike where you couldn't have stopped at a rest area and cleaned yourself.

jimnyc

No one drives for that long with **** in their pants and the stench. My guess is that this driver was hiding something other than crap, more like being drunk and not wanting to stop. AND, the person hit you... Why not go home, clean yourself up and then contact the police? Did you get the license plate of the other person? Did they stop or attempt to get you to stop? They just didn't care and kept on going? Something reeks more than the pants.

Bali Hai

Are you ****ting me? I would buy this argument in Southie where nobody cares about anyone else. In the suburbs? I'm also having a hard time identifying a 35 mile stretch of highway from I-495 east or on the Mass Turnpike where you couldn't have stopped at a rest area and cleaned yourself.
Moral of this story:

Don't drive when you're full of ****.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">