• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Differ. in Viatical and reg. insurance regulation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ReneeW

What is the name of your state? Texas

I'm doing research for paper and am trying to find some info on the following:

how the regulation of the viatical insurance industry differs from the basic
regulation of the insurance industry, the similarities and
differences. How does viatical fraud affect the life insurance industry? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

seniorjudge

ReneeW said:

differences. How does viatical fraud affect the life insurance industry? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
We don't do research.

weenor

ReneeW said:

Yes you will have to do your own research. Please note that policy regulation is governed by each state's insurance statutes and the insurance commissions regulations. Although fraud in the sale of a particular policy could be addressed by statute it is most likely a case law issue through a series of appellate judicial opinions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">