• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Different doctors... different opinions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaulMartinez

Pa... I went 21 Dr after an injury at work. Who got the results of the MRI which shows slight muscle tear in rotator cuff damage he did not put me any medical restrictions for light duty I was basically told I was fine because the doctor didn't put me on restriction so get back to work. I went to another doctor and that doctors put me at 100% restricted-use how's my left shoulder both doctors look at the same MRI. Both doctors are family practitioners. The only difference is the first doctor is employed by the company that I work for and the 2nd doctor is my primary care physician. How could these two doctors have totally difference of opinion as to a treatment plan?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Because medicine is not an exact science; not every human body responds to either injury or treatment the same way as every other human body; and there can be legitimate differences of opinion based on the specific doctor's previous experiences.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Is either doctor an orthopedist? It doesn't sound like it. You should go see an orthopedist, and preferably an orthopedist who specializes in shoulders.

adjusterjack

The only difference is the first doctor is employed by the company that I work for and the 2nd doctor is my primary care physician.

How could these two doctors have totally difference of opinion as to a treatment plan?
This:

"the first doctor is employed by the company that I work for"

Get it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">