• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

different fees for me vs. the insurance co

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txaley

What is the name of your state? TX

Went to a surgeon for a consultation for plastic surgery, and asked him to tell me what the costs would be. His office wrote me up the fees and I told them to send it through to my insurance company to see if they would pay for any of the benefits. The claim got denied by my insurance company. So I told them that I would be paying for it out of my pocket. They told me that the surgeon's fee would go up $1000 since it would be strictly a "cosmetic procedure" and they would not be going through the insurance company. Is this something that they can do? Nothing has changed as far as the procedure that is going to be performed, only that I am paying for it directly out of my pocket and not the insurance. It would seem to me it should be the other way around, since they would not have to mess with dealing with the insurance company.

T

txaley

My question is - is it legal for a physician to charge me a higher price than he would the insurance company for the same procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">