• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Difficult Car Accident Question. Who is to Blame?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cormac1675

A friend of mine had an accident this morning. There was a long line of traffic and she needed to make a right turn into our house (50 meters away). She moved into the opposite (oncoming) lane of traffic, which was clear. On the other side of the road was a school. A driver turned out from the school and onto the road and hit my friend’s car as she was driving in the opposite lane. Who is at fault for this accident?

The police officer blamed my friend because he said that a school has a no overtaking zone 100 meters either side of it and that the other driver had the right to turn out into the main road. Is this correct?

This happened in Zambia, Africa.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
US law only.

A friend of mine had an accident this morning. There was a long line of traffic and she needed to make a right turn into our house (50 meters away). She moved into the opposite (oncoming) lane of traffic, which was clear. On the other side of the road was a school. A driver turned out from the school and onto the road and hit my friend’s car as she was driving in the opposite lane. Who is at fault for this accident?

The police officer blamed my friend because he said that a school has a no overtaking zone 100 meters either side of it and that the other driver had the right to turn out into the main road. Is this correct?

This happened in Zambia, Africa.
We haven't annexed Zambia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">