• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dig in or Dash off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ok here is my current situation and my problem as well. My current girlfriend of 4 years recently had a DCF case opened against her. It has been a 12 month process to for her to jump through the hoops DCF has thrown her way. Nevertheless she has done everything exactly as directed. The final home study is due Friday of this week before the permancy hearing in 2 weeks. DCG or further known as Devils have now stipulated that I must be a part of the home study because I live in the household. Up to this juncture all the information they have is my name. They have not verified my identity due to my lack of participation in the process. This so much would not be an issue for me but the problem arises due to my extensive criminal history . I have several arrests over the years some of a violent nature all the to trafficking narcotics. I will freely admit that this is part of my past. I did do the crimes I also paid my debt for each and everyone of them as well. I have gotten older and made a lot of changes in the right areas and am now a productive member of society who just wants to live his life and be left alone. Although I have no crimes against women or children and no sex offenses I know the devils are going to use my background to deny reunification of our family. As of today they can only guess as to my background because they have not been given any identifiers (fingerprints,DOB, SS# not even my name from me) they have never spoken to me at all. This little girl has never met her biological father and although she is 7 and I have only been in her life 5 years I am all she knows as a father.I do not want to subject myself to the devils tyranny slander or be the prey in one of their witch hunts but nor do I want my family to be aoart for another second. I dp not know whether I should disappear in the middle of the night or hold fast and dig inand make them repeat the performance in WACO. Please advise both as to my legal rights and an outside perspective....

Mass_Shyster

If DCF says anyone in the household is included, I would speculate that they mean that everyone in the household is included.

There will be no WACO like assault. Your girlfriend will simply not be reunited if everyone in the household does not cooperate.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yep - if GF has to choose between her kid and the guy with multiple violent crime convictions, and doesn't choose her kid, then I think her judgment is very suspect.

Honestly, if our OP cared one whit about his GF or her kid, the the OP would do whatever it takes to help them stay together, up to and including leaving the household.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A few other thoughts/questions... First - props to OP for apparently straightening out his life.

What prompted this DCF investigation?
How is it that this has been going on for a year and OP has not been included? Or has OP or g/f simply not been honest about his being part of the household?

commentator

One usually doesn't get a case opened against them when they are as pure as the driven snow and there's absolutely "nothing to see here." And I'm also curious how she has managed to avoid having her live in 'I'm the only child the father has known" becoming known to the caseworkers before now. I suppose YOU are teaching the child to call DCS the Devils. Lovely! If you gave a slight tiny rats'patootie about this woman and her child, you'd move out quickly and court her from afar for a while. Her life is doubtless dysfunctional in some way. You are either making it better or worse. Your call. I have seen couples who have married under circumstances like this, due to DCS cases. Never have seen one work out yet. But if the place to stay is more important for you that this woman getting to keep her daughter out of the care system, hang around. That may be best fot the child anyway.
All your dramatic "Waco" and devils from the government! stuff you're feeding into the mix is really a terrible way to help this be resolved, you know? Go away.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ok here is my current situation and my problem as well. My current girlfriend of 4 years recently had a DCF case opened against her. It has been a 12 month process to for her to jump through the hoops DCF has thrown her way. Nevertheless she has done everything exactly as directed. The final home study is due Friday of this week before the permancy hearing in 2 weeks. DCG or further known as Devils have now stipulated that I must be a part of the home study because I live in the household. Up to this juncture all the information they have is my name. They have not verified my identity due to my lack of participation in the process. This so much would not be an issue for me but the problem arises due to my extensive criminal history . I have several arrests over the years some of a violent nature all the to trafficking narcotics. I will freely admit that this is part of my past. I did do the crimes I also paid my debt for each and everyone of them as well. I have gotten older and made a lot of changes in the right areas and am now a productive member of society who just wants to live his life and be left alone. Although I have no crimes against women or children and no sex offenses I know the devils are going to use my background to deny reunification of our family. As of today they can only guess as to my background because they have not been given any identifiers (fingerprints,DOB, SS# not even my name from me) they have never spoken to me at all. This little girl has never met her biological father and although she is 7 and I have only been in her life 5 years I am all she knows as a father.I do not want to subject myself to the devils tyranny slander or be the prey in one of their witch hunts but nor do I want my family to be aoart for another second. I dp not know whether I should disappear in the middle of the night or hold fast and dig inand make them repeat the performance in WACO. Please advise both as to my legal rights and an outside perspective....
Have you also avoided the GAL? In what state is this taking place?
She very well may lose custody of her children because of your lack of cooperation for an entire year. She could even have her rights terminated. Hopefully this child doesn't believe you are her father. Legal rights? You have no legal rights in this situation. You are a legal stranger. And your story doesn't make sense...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">