• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Digital Item ChargeBack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwall54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I had sold a digital item through ebay and paypal to someone on the game client steam for a game called Counterstrike Global Offensive. I have the amount showing what his offer was and also the trade through the game client showing it was him. it was about $500 for the in game item but it has an actual worth of $1300. A month after i sold it to him he did a charge back through his credit card and they sided with him because paypal has no seller protection on digital items. That being said i would like to know if i can go to small claims court to either get the money back or even the item.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you allowed to "sell" this "item" in the first place?
Do you actually know who the other person is and where they live?

jwall54

Steam doesn't support any trading for real money they do not say you cannot the simply say if you do it they will not help you its not forbidden to do though

He is from Brooklyn new York

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Steam doesn't support any trading for real money they do not say you cannot the simply say if you do it they will not help you its not forbidden to do though

He is from Brooklyn new York
Are you prepared to travel to New York to handle this matter (possibly several times)? Travel costs (etc.) aren't compensable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">