• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dilema in Massachusetts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am living with my boyfriend for a year who had been separated from his wife for 5 years..about 8 months ago she filed for divorce, my boyfriend is paying $525.00 a month in Alimony for her..since there are no minors...but his wife's father passed away about 7 months ago and she got a house and about $40,000 that her father left her...she is economically better than us but now she wants $200 a week in alimony and half of his retirement....we want to move and relocate to Florida...where wages are low....but we are afraid to do this because of the alimony....My boyfriend is thinking of changing his lawyer...already he has paid him $2,000 and now he is asking for $3,000 more to file a diposition in court so she has to take copy of the will of her father and all the monies she has....we feel that my boyfriends lawyer has not done enough for him....we are right now in a hole finacially, I am disabled and receive a small check...but he makes enough money for us...but not to take care of 2 families..we have to pay rent, car, insurance, water, electric bill, etc....sometimes i feel like leaving him...but I love him....but this is too much....is there anything in the law we can do....we have a consultation with another lawyer this coming tuesday...and would appreciate all the help you guys can give us...Thank you and God bless all....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential