• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diminished Value in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

Hello, I have a question regarding diminished value in TX. I have a 2000 Pontiac Firebird (Paid around $24,500 in 2000) and was in a wreck towards the end of November (had approx $12000 in pay off). I am the claimant and it was found to be the other persons fault. After the car was repaired last week I noticed the bumper color is close but not a match, has a few scratches, and was not a new bumper but a used bumper placed on my car. Can you estimate how much diminshed value my car has and how to collect against Geico? The car has had $2800 in repair (both fenders, bumper, frame). I was told when I trade it in I would be lucky to get $11,000 for it due to it being so new and a sports car.
:mad:

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">