• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diminished value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Ok, another question. I know I have to talk a lawyer. However, when I was rear ended, I was on my way to a dealership to sell my vehicle. I knew I would probably have to put it in the paper cuz they don't give you much at dealerships, which I had planned on doing once I got home. I had already gotten one price at a dealership and was going to check with 2 more. So my question is, can a person really get diminished value that is really equal to the loss? The unibody (frame) was bent on both sides. The dealership I had already been to, said they wouldn't touch it. Too hard to sell. So I called another and they said they would have to look at it. I will be contacting a attorney but I've been told this is a hard thing to get. My vehicle is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'd had it for 10 months. Any suggestions???



I have already wrote this reply to other questions on diminished value. Do a search under my name ghaggin to find out more. I just settled my diminished value claim for $16,500. The appraiser will charge $300 or so for the report but if you have an expensive car it is more than worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential