• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability & Emotional Support Pets - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purpleocelot

What is the name of your state? Texas

I've had depression and anxiety most of my adult life. Meds don't seem to help anymore. I also have diabetes which is affecting my joints and makes it hard to walk or even get out of my chair at home and at work, even though I have to be "up and down" from my desk at work all day. I also have sleep apnea and it is hard for me to get sleep during the night, as I keep waking up many times. Meds do not seem to help on this either, OTC or prescription.

As a result, I don't go out much anymore, if I do, it's usually just to the store and back home. The few friends I have, have busy lives so I only get to see them a few times a year, so most of the time I'm home (live alone).

Now that I'm getting "up there in years", I find that this worry keeps my anxiety up, along with toxic conditions at my job, and being alone with nobody to help out if I need it. My doctors have given me different meds over the years, and none of them seem to work, or work on a consistent basis for depression, anxiety, or sleeplessness. I've been told I need an emotional support pet, but my apartment charges a hefty price for a pet deposit. I've been told they aren't supposed to charge for support pets, but the disability laws I've read state that emotional support pets are disability pets, and I'm not on disability, and can't get it.

Someone at work said that my doctor should be able to write me a letter stating I need an emotional support pet, and that this letter should be enough for the apartments to waive all fee's regarding pet deposits.

Have no clue what is what, since everything I'm finding online and what I'm being told are all conflicting each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">