• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability ins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaeen

I was hurt last year, a back injury. I filed for my disability ins.
It was quite an experience the way the ins co, treats you and after a lengthy back and forth battle with paper work, I received my first check, then it started all over again the paper work battle then they denied my claim and I appealed and I was denied again. After I returned to work I was making $80.000 pr year or more and last year I made $48.000 this year I’m on track for a $28.000 year I am a commition sales man that is on his feet all day what can I do I losing every thing my wife and I worked for please help Thank you Rob.
Arizona

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Do you want advice for working with the disability company? Are you claiming an illegality of some sort? If so, what? Would lile to help but am not 100% sure what the question is.

J

jaeen

disability Ins.

Arizona,

I'm losing income and receiving no compensation what do I do?they never gave me a policy on the disability Ins. I asked and they said they had no policy on paper. I guess what I'm asking is what rights do I have I pay for the Ins,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is HIGHLY unusual for disability insurance to cover 100% of wages. Anywhere between 50% and 80% is standard. My own company covers 60%.

Is the disability policy self-insured or through another company, like Unum or Prudential?

J

jaeen

Disability Ins.

The plan is through Unum. and it covers 65% short term and 60% long term.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you want a copy of the policy, you might be able to get one from Unum. But now I'm confused. If you already know that the policy only covers 60-65% of your wages, where did you think the balance was going to come from? Or was that your question?

J

jaeen

disability ins,

No that's not the question I am back to work because they denied my claim and I appealed and was denied again now that I'm back to work I can't perform the same way I did before my injury. So I', wondering if the Ins, covers the income that I'm losing or not and if it don't then what's the purpose for disability ins, if it don't help you?????

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Without seeing your policy I can't tell if it covers lost income or not. Most of them don't.

On what basis was the claim denied? Maybe we can get at some help for you that way.

J

jaeen

Disability Ins,

They said there was no pathological proof that I had a back injury, and a back strain-sprain takes only 4 to 6 weeks to heel.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Ouch. Tough one. Unfortunately, back injuries are extremely difficult to diagnose. Because of this, a number of people have put in extremely phony claims for back trouble and as a result, people with legitimate back problems pay the price as the insurance companies and workers comp carriers toughen up on them. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

J

jaeen

disability ins

Well thank you, if you come up with any ideas please let me know.
My family and I could use the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">