• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability insurance and ERISA question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

(arizona).....Hi...I did some research, and found the following ERISA regulation: Based on the initial notice of denial (EOB), "the insurance company must give a specific reason and plan provision for the basis of denial,a detailed description of any addtl info that is needed for the claimant to perfect their claim for benefits and the appeal process".. I appealed the initial denial...I received an appeal denial from the disability insurance co... upon review of this appeal denial notice I received, it (appeal denial) is based entirely on a different specific reason and plan provision. This would be in violation of ERISA regulations/laws correct? any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">