• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vivian bradish

Several weeks I had foot surgery, complications arose and I needed more time off that expected. I was less than harrassed by the office manager when I informed her of such. Now, due to the complications I may need additional surgery.
Can my employer terminate me while on disability and can they cancel my health insurance during my disability period. There is nothing in our employee handbook that pertains to this.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I really can't say too much since there are not enough facts to work with. You may be covered by the Family Medical Leave Act or your state's sister version of it. Generally speaking, the employer can change the benefits package that it currently provides its employees, which may mean cancelling your disability insurance.

However, I am not sure that your employer's actions are above board. I would suggest that you speak with an employment law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">