• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Can I publish my writings while I'm on SSD?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

live2laugh2love

New Jersey - Hello, I am brain surgery survivor and suffer from epilepsy. Prior to me obtaining my ssd, I was working on some writings that I wanted to publish during my graduate studies. Now I want to publish; however, I do not want to jeopardize anything. So bottom in can I publish without it harming my ssd?

quincy

New Jersey - Hello, I am brain surgery survivor and suffer from epilepsy. Prior to me obtaining my ssd, I was working on some writings that I wanted to publish during my graduate studies. Now I want to publish; however, I do not want to jeopardize anything. So bottom in can I publish without it harming my ssd?
What is looked at when determining if your benefits will be affected are your "substantial gainful activities." In 2019, you can earn money and continue to collect your disability benefits if your earnings do not exceed $1220/mo (or $2040 if blind).

There is, however, a 9-month "trial work period" where you can earn more and collect full benefits for those 9 months.

Here is a link to additional information:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf

live2laugh2love

What is looked at when determining if your benefits will be affected are your "substantial gainful activities." In 2019, you can earn money and continue to collect your disability benefits if your earnings do not exceed $1220/mo (or $2040 if blind).

There is, however, a 9-month "trial work period" where you can earn more and collect full benefits for those 9 months.

Here is a link to additional information:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10095.pdf
thank you see i keep everything organized and i know i do not have this very helpful.

quincy

I appreciate the thanks, live2laugh2love.

I send best wishes for your health and good luck with your book.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">