• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Retirement/ Need Health Ins.!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

byrieangel

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Virginia
In May, 2002, I left my job with a Community Service Bd. in VA. due to Health reasons. I was a Mental Health Counselor and I, myself, suffered from Major Depression and Panic Disorder, and PTSD. I was in Dr.s care and on meds and continue to be. The severe stress of my job made the Depression, PTSD, Panic Disorder, much, much worse until Dr's advised me to leave my job. I was 49 yrs. old at the time. I am now 50 and have just received notification from VRS (Virginia Retirement System) which I contributed to for nearly 14 yrs. that I have been approved for Virginia Retirement System Disability. This was after appealing with a Lawyer. I will have Life Insurance with this but no Health Ins. I am of the opinion that since my Health declined and the job was the cause of my health declining, that the Community Service Bd. I was working for should allow me to remain on their Group Health Ins. plan and I could pay the premium. VRS says most State Co.'s do this, however, my CSB says they will not do it. Do I have any recourse. I am uninsurable due to my pre-existing illness and could not afford it if I was insurable. Please help me. Thank you!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">