• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

apilot

I am an airline pilot in MA. I have recently had medical procedures and am still undergoing treatment for conditions which will negate my ability to obtain an FAA medical which is required to do my job. This will be true for at least several months and possibly a couple years. I have qualified for AFLAC short-term disability insurance and will possibly benefit from some union-provided long-term disability if I am disabled for more than a year. I am curious if I should be checking for any eligibility for government or other disability programs. (I will probably be able to do non-physical work but not my own occupation.) Please provide any applicable information or appropriate source of information. Thank you!

Last edited:

ALawyer

There may be a state disability program, but Social Security and other government programs are NOT based on criteria of "own occupation", as some private policies are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">