• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unid

Is there a Disability Acted? If so, how can I get a copy of it? I live in Pa. I already asked my state rep. about it and he never heard of it,but my friend told me it exist.

ALawyer

I am confused. What is the circumstance that causes you to ask. There are federal disability laws, including Social Security Disability Insurance, and state laws such as Workers Comp.

U

unid

Disability Act

Joan Courteau said:
Is there a Disability Acted? If so, how can I get a copy of it? I live in Pa. I already asked my state rep. about it and he never heard of it,but my friend told me it exist.
A neighbor of mine had a stroke a month ago,his family sign up for SSI,but that takes 6mos to process. They are now on wealthfare,so they can get med.,and some cash assistants.The Bank called them up and told them they must meet there monthly mortage.There is no money coming in for them( they are in thier late 50,early 60s),and the cash assistants doesn't cover the food bills.($45.00 twice a month). I thought if their is a disability act that would keep the hounds at bay until money came in for them, it would take the stress off that family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">